Career in animal Rescue
We are hiring. Have you always wanted to work with dogs ? Then there is a current position available at DogtownSA for a caregiver that could be just for you. This is a very hands on physical job.
Please send your cv’s to email@example.com. If you have applied before, please resend your cv. A recognised, Dog training/behaviour qualification is a PLUS
Position title: Dogtown Caregiver
Reports to: Dogtown Team Leader – Joanna Banks
Salaried: R7000 – R9000 depending on qualifications
Position Summary: Dog caregivers work in a team setting to oversee the health, well- being, and general care of dogs.
• Prepare food (special diets closely followed); feed, water, and medicate dogs.
• Maintain records on the dogs: clinic file, special diets, training performed, behavior issues, etc.
• Socialize dogs, walk dogs, watch for behavioral issues and feeding patterns, do light grooming, and create a positive living environment.
• Clean work areas and preserve the physical appearance of dog buildings and grounds:
raking, sweeping, dusting, mopping, poop scooping, trash removal, scrubbing, weeding, etc.
• Work and interact with visitors, volunteers, and various groups who come to Dogtown.
• Include volunteers in daily tasks, interact with them, treat them with respect, and take adequate safety precautions to protect them from injury.
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Requirements
* Recognised qualifications in behaviour and training are a PLUS.
• Strong desire to work with dogs; previous experience a plus.
• Flexibility to work with all types of dogs.
• Physically able to perform strenuous manual labor and work outdoors.
• Must be able to lift up to 25kg.
• Outgoing, positive, upbeat personality and good communication skills, a team player.
• Basic computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
• Ability to multi-task and take initiative.
• Experience in interacting with the general public.
• Ability to advocate professionally for BarkingMad/DogtownSA positions on issues.
* DRIVING LICENSE AND OWN TRANSPORT ESSENTIAL
Your working hours are 08h00- 17h00 – 5 day week – One day being a weekend day.
Send your cv’s/resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org